impetus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» ZOC violation
Current position regarding Impetus Fantasy? EmptyTue Apr 23, 2024 8:35 am by kenntak

» Line of Sight - Terrain Features
Current position regarding Impetus Fantasy? EmptySat Apr 20, 2024 11:38 pm by Tartty

» Hit in flank?
Current position regarding Impetus Fantasy? EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 11:54 am by Hope

» FP vs. FL in melee
Current position regarding Impetus Fantasy? EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 6:53 pm by jorneto

» Dice&Lead magazine
Current position regarding Impetus Fantasy? EmptyTue Apr 16, 2024 8:36 am by dadiepiombo

» Salute 2024 Battle of Pharslus 48BC
Current position regarding Impetus Fantasy? EmptyMon Apr 08, 2024 11:44 am by ejc

» For Sale- Loads of packs/boxes of Mint Victrix Late Romans
Current position regarding Impetus Fantasy? EmptySun Apr 07, 2024 5:37 pm by Atheling

» War of the Roses Battle AAR
Current position regarding Impetus Fantasy? EmptyWed Apr 03, 2024 4:04 pm by dadiepiombo

» Ilipa 206BC Society of Ancients Battle Day
Current position regarding Impetus Fantasy? EmptyWed Apr 03, 2024 4:03 pm by dadiepiombo

Salute 2024 Battle of Pharslus 48BC

Mon Apr 08, 2024 11:44 am by ejc

Forum members welcome to take part in battle of Pharslus Saturday 13th April …

Comments: 0

Ilipa 206BC Society of Ancients Battle Day

Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:54 pm by ejc

This year's SOA Battle Day is Ilipa206BC will be about a dozen games all re …

Comments: 10

Warfare battle of Cunaxa

Wed Nov 08, 2023 11:26 pm by ejc

Sorry for short notice we are putting on the above scenario on Saturday 11th …

Comments: 4

SELWG 2023 Thapsus 46BC

Sun Oct 08, 2023 8:29 pm by ejc

We will putting on the above game at SELG 2023 on Sunday 15th October. Forum …

Comments: 6

Colours 2023

Wed Sep 06, 2023 9:14 pm by ejc

Sorry for very short notice. We are putting on a game at colours on Saturday …

Comments: 0

Salute 2023

Sat Jan 28, 2023 2:49 pm by jorneto

Any Impetus games in this event?

Comments: 10

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Current position regarding Impetus Fantasy?

+2
dadiepiombo
robh
6 posters

Go down

Current position regarding Impetus Fantasy? Empty Current position regarding Impetus Fantasy?

Post by robh Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:04 am

Is this project still going to happen? If so what timescale now (realistic).

Also please re-activate the old links to the rules and points list.

dadiepiombo.com/bifendef.pdf and dadiepiombo.com/bipts-eng.pdf

Or place the files somewhere accessible. I sent a couple of interested new players the rule links yesterday but they are dead currently.

Since GW announced the "new Warhammer" fantasy gamers are looking for a replacement option.

robh
robh
VBU 2
VBU 2

Back to top Go down

Current position regarding Impetus Fantasy? Empty Re: Current position regarding Impetus Fantasy?

Post by dadiepiombo Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:44 pm

I'm going to upload the file on Wargames Vault (free download)
dadiepiombo
dadiepiombo
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Current position regarding Impetus Fantasy? Empty Re: Current position regarding Impetus Fantasy?

Post by dadiepiombo Mon Jul 13, 2015 6:04 pm

the full (and official) Fantasy version will be released after Impetus 2 as will share the same concepts, but I'm considering to make and official fantasy version for Basic Impetus.
dadiepiombo
dadiepiombo
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by robh Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:36 pm

I think a Fantasy version based on Basic Impetus should actually be the first one done, likely to entice more players to give it a try.
robh
robh
VBU 2
VBU 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Zippee Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:08 pm

Any progress on the (Official) Basic Fantasy Rules?
Zippee
Zippee
VBU 5
VBU 5

https://www.flickr.com/photos/zippee/sets/

Back to top Go down

Post by dadiepiombo Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:59 am

We have started to develop the fantasy version of Lords&Servats with the idea of sharing some concepts.
One of the playtester has developped some more idea for that could work for Basic Impetus as well. But at the moment I have many other thing to complete that are in a more advanced stage
dadiepiombo
dadiepiombo
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Squeakeasy Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:13 am

so no fantasy impetus this year do you think?
Squeakeasy
Squeakeasy
VBU 2
VBU 2

Back to top Go down

Post by dadiepiombo Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:20 am

well, as a stand alone book not. But with the release of the new Basic Impetus, maybe I can make a pdf with some extra rules to be adapted for fantasy and few lists. But not before fall.
dadiepiombo
dadiepiombo
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Squeakeasy Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:26 am

Sad news, but understandable, you'll have a much better idea about what the wargamers out there are clambering for.

I assumed there would be a bit of a gap in the market for a mass fantasy battle set? Skirmish sets are released every 2nd Tuesday; Warhammer not even pretending to be a fantasy battle game any more, and no other major rule writer (with the exception of Mantic Games) currently pushing anything.
Squeakeasy
Squeakeasy
VBU 2
VBU 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Squeakeasy Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:28 am

Just to clarify - only meant 'sad news' because I'd convinced myself Fantasy Impetus was imminent (though wasn't expecting a Baroque style publication).
Squeakeasy
Squeakeasy
VBU 2
VBU 2

Back to top Go down

Post by dadiepiombo Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:54 am

well it is not just a question of what the market wants, but time to prepare a set. I'm not a fantasy player so for me it is harder. But also it means to have some fantasy figures to play with and last, but not least, the problem to have pictures of fantasy armies for the book, without haveing trouble of copyright etc.

All this slows down the making. But a free pdf to upgrade the new Basic Impetus version is not a huge task and a way to let more people to test.
dadiepiombo
dadiepiombo
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Squeakeasy Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:09 am

For the copyright concerns, is it the manufacturer, painter, or owner, that is important?
Squeakeasy
Squeakeasy
VBU 2
VBU 2

Back to top Go down

Post by dadiepiombo Wed Apr 06, 2016 12:08 pm

for historical there are no problems. The owner of the figure is credited and the manufacturer is only happy to be in the rules as it is free advertising.

But for the fantasy or for games where rules and miniatures are linked, you can get problems. If I use GW figures, for sure I could have problems.
Once I asked to a Sci Fi miniature manufactures to use their figs to illustrate Koncordia, but the owner told me he had linked his figs to another game.
dadiepiombo
dadiepiombo
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zippee Wed Apr 06, 2016 4:35 pm

Ok I rather thought that this
dadiepiombo wrote:the full (and official) Fantasy version will be released after Impetus 2 as will share the same concepts, but I'm considering to make and official fantasy version for Basic Impetus.

Meant that we might see a Basic Fantasy before Impetus II

dadiepiombo wrote:We have started to develop the fantasy version of Lords&Servats with the idea of sharing some concepts.
One of the playtester has developped some more idea for that could work for Basic Impetus as well. But at the moment I have many other thing to complete that are in a more advanced stage

Appreciate you have many things to work on these days but surely an official fantasy BI isn't a huge development task - the existing one is almost there it just needs confirmation on basing formats and structure. I'd certainly expect the fantasy family to follow on the coat tails of Historical Impetus so wouldn't expect anything upgraded more than the fantasy version of current BI.

For me I'm very reluctant to base and commit to the structure presented in the existing version. In the same way I wasn't prepared to base for the development version of Baroque in case things changed. You may be undervaluing the value of the "official" tag IMO.

Zippee
Zippee
VBU 5
VBU 5

https://www.flickr.com/photos/zippee/sets/

Back to top Go down

Post by robh Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:30 pm

OK, so a year and a half later......what is the current status of the Fantasy mass battle rules?

Which ruleset have you decided to base them on; Impetus, Impetus 2 or Basic Impetus 2 or are they a stand alone game?
robh
robh
VBU 2
VBU 2

Back to top Go down

Post by robh Sat Sep 29, 2018 12:38 pm

........and another year passes, without the rules or an answer to the question.

Please, is this going to happen (soon? ever?) or should we all be looking at other Fantasy Wargame options now?
robh
robh
VBU 2
VBU 2

Back to top Go down

Post by dadiepiombo Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:44 pm

sorry. Not a priority a the momen, too many things to follow. I know that someone is developping something based on Basic Impetus 2. There is a facebook group.
dadiepiombo
dadiepiombo
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by robh Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:37 pm

Sad news, but at least the position is clear now.
robh
robh
VBU 2
VBU 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluewillow Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:52 pm

a few of the lads in Australia are driving a set using basic, some ideas on a FB page though.

I am keen but more for tolkien based fantasy rather than gw style

cheers
Matt
Herce Salon de Guerre
Mayenne
France
Mayenne

Bluewillow
VBU 2
VBU 2

http://stormandconquest.blogspot.com.au/

Back to top Go down

Post by Silverpaint68 Sun Sep 22, 2019 3:38 pm

robh wrote:........and another year passes, without the rules or an answer to the question.

Please, is this going to happen (soon?  ever?) or should we all be looking at other Fantasy Wargame options now?

Hello !

If you're still waiting, I'm working as a fan made fantasy version of BI (or best : BI2).
I've this goal since GW stop (or kill, if you will Wink ) the Old World.

I would create army lists based on WH races (Dwarves, Humans, Elves, Orcs, etc). But I don't know on which version working... I'm an old WH player (since 1992 !) and I  like old army books (I've some of them).

The Impetus rules are good, but I've some new ideas to complete these (with orders token and simultaneous (or similar) unit's activation.

Can you say me where you are ? (I'm french and if you're too ( or speak french), we could exchange in french, easier for me).
Silverpaint68
Silverpaint68
VBU 2
VBU 2

http://www.atelierdumercenaire.com

Back to top Go down

Post by dadiepiombo Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:28 am

a fan based set would be welcomed!
dadiepiombo
dadiepiombo
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down