impetus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» ZOC violation
Impetus at Wintercon, Canberra, Australia EmptyTue Apr 23, 2024 8:35 am by kenntak

» Line of Sight - Terrain Features
Impetus at Wintercon, Canberra, Australia EmptySat Apr 20, 2024 11:38 pm by Tartty

» Hit in flank?
Impetus at Wintercon, Canberra, Australia EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 11:54 am by Hope

» FP vs. FL in melee
Impetus at Wintercon, Canberra, Australia EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 6:53 pm by jorneto

» Dice&Lead magazine
Impetus at Wintercon, Canberra, Australia EmptyTue Apr 16, 2024 8:36 am by dadiepiombo

» Salute 2024 Battle of Pharslus 48BC
Impetus at Wintercon, Canberra, Australia EmptyMon Apr 08, 2024 11:44 am by ejc

» For Sale- Loads of packs/boxes of Mint Victrix Late Romans
Impetus at Wintercon, Canberra, Australia EmptySun Apr 07, 2024 5:37 pm by Atheling

» War of the Roses Battle AAR
Impetus at Wintercon, Canberra, Australia EmptyWed Apr 03, 2024 4:04 pm by dadiepiombo

» Ilipa 206BC Society of Ancients Battle Day
Impetus at Wintercon, Canberra, Australia EmptyWed Apr 03, 2024 4:03 pm by dadiepiombo

Salute 2024 Battle of Pharslus 48BC

Mon Apr 08, 2024 11:44 am by ejc

Forum members welcome to take part in battle of Pharslus Saturday 13th April …

Comments: 0

Ilipa 206BC Society of Ancients Battle Day

Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:54 pm by ejc

This year's SOA Battle Day is Ilipa206BC will be about a dozen games all re …

Comments: 10

Warfare battle of Cunaxa

Wed Nov 08, 2023 11:26 pm by ejc

Sorry for short notice we are putting on the above scenario on Saturday 11th …

Comments: 4

SELWG 2023 Thapsus 46BC

Sun Oct 08, 2023 8:29 pm by ejc

We will putting on the above game at SELG 2023 on Sunday 15th October. Forum …

Comments: 6

Colours 2023

Wed Sep 06, 2023 9:14 pm by ejc

Sorry for very short notice. We are putting on a game at colours on Saturday …

Comments: 0

Salute 2023

Sat Jan 28, 2023 2:49 pm by jorneto

Any Impetus games in this event?

Comments: 10

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Impetus at Wintercon, Canberra, Australia

+3
starkadder
Count Stilico
Granicus Gaugamela
7 posters

Go down

Impetus at Wintercon, Canberra, Australia Empty Impetus at Wintercon, Canberra, Australia

Post by Granicus Gaugamela Wed May 21, 2014 4:09 am

Wintercon 2014 Impetus, Fitzroy Pavilion, EPIC. Near the McDonalds.

Saturday 12th and Sunday 13th of July 2014.

The venue will open from 8:30am each day, and close at Midnight on Saturday and 6:00pm on Sunday

Medieval Tournament Impetus 350pts 28mm 2 Day Competition.

4 games in total- 2 games each day.

First game 9am-12pm Second game 1pm-4pm

Armies & Army Lists Medieval is the focus but it will an open competition (no restrictions ) for those who want to play but don’t have a 28mm Medieval army.

Lists should be taken from either the Impetus main rulebook, or any published Extra Impetus supplements.

Beta lists are also acceptable.

Armies should be 350 points, with a minimum of 2 Commands.
The largest Command must not exceed 60% of VDT limit.

Armies must have a camp unless not required by the list.

Cowardly generals are not allowed. Halve minimums and maximums in army lists.

Exploration points will be used for deployment.

Rolls of Destiny will be allowed ( up to 3 )

Advanced Impetus & Tournament rules will be used link here http//www.dadiepiombo.it/images/stories/dp/advancedeng2014.pdf

The Battlefield Terrain will be deployed as per the competition rules, terrain will be supplied however feel free to bring your own.

Game Scoring We will be using the official Impetus competition scoring system. http://www.dadiepiombo.com/pts2.html

Event Organiser:        Richard Tartt
Contact email:             heybetty@optusnet.com.au

Session Times:            Saturday (9:00am to 5:30pm) & Sunday (9:00am to 5:30pm)
Max entrants:              20
Is on day entry allowed?      No
Entries close:                9th July 2014

Granicus Gaugamela
VBU 4
VBU 4

Back to top Go down

Impetus at Wintercon, Canberra, Australia Empty Re: Impetus at Wintercon, Canberra, Australia

Post by Granicus Gaugamela Wed May 21, 2014 4:11 am

I'm currently experiencing big issues with PC and Facebook, once I have those resolved I will set up a specific Group there as well which will be open to all.

Granicus Gaugamela
VBU 4
VBU 4

Back to top Go down

Impetus at Wintercon, Canberra, Australia Empty Re: Impetus at Wintercon, Canberra, Australia

Post by Granicus Gaugamela Wed May 21, 2014 4:13 am

Lists in via Facebook by 30 June please, this will allow basic checking followed by full public scrutiny once everyone has submitted.

Granicus Gaugamela
VBU 4
VBU 4

Back to top Go down

Post by Granicus Gaugamela Tue May 27, 2014 7:45 am

RULING 1

Swiss will NOT get the forward deployment rule. 28mm on a 6x4 table is quick enough to close the gap as it is, there is no other comparable national characteristic so we have decided not to use it.

Granicus Gaugamela
VBU 4
VBU 4

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Stilico Wed May 28, 2014 6:01 am

I regard the ruling on Swiss as sadly deplorable and frankly A BAD LOOK that sends a bullying message to players and I oppose it strenuously and regularly and very loudly.
Count Stilico
Count Stilico
VBU 2
VBU 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Granicus Gaugamela Wed May 28, 2014 6:59 am

Count Stilico wrote:I regard the ruling on Swiss as sadly deplorable and frankly A BAD LOOK that sends a bullying message to players and I oppose it strenuously and regularly and very loudly.

Thanks for that. Your opinion is noted.

As for your claims on bullying etc, man up. It is a decision and it is clear.

Decision stands.

P.S. Swiss is my preferred army so it definitely affects me as much as anyone and more than most.

Granicus Gaugamela
VBU 4
VBU 4

Back to top Go down

Post by starkadder Wed May 28, 2014 11:43 am

Just out of interest, GG, is this a house rule or does it come from the Big Book of Impetus Competition rules?

Why not follow the official line in the Tournament 300 rules: "Special deployment for the Swiss army is limited to 5U"?
starkadder
starkadder
VBU 4
VBU 4

Back to top Go down

Post by Granicus Gaugamela Wed May 28, 2014 12:34 pm

Starkers,

I believe it was a decision that resulted from conversations started at Goulburn and a certain person undertaking a whole lot of flank attacks and that a combination of forward deployment and flank attack was just too much to bear in 28mm on reduced size competition tables.

Ultimately it means the Swiss can be on top of you in their first turn. If you want to simulate fast moving Swiss then take the A grade troops and push them hard.

That is my usual methodology when using them.

Granicus Gaugamela
VBU 4
VBU 4

Back to top Go down

Post by wombatdazzler Wed May 28, 2014 8:19 pm

What about those of us who are not and will not be on facebook. How do we submit army lists for checking?

Cheers

wombatdazzler
VBU 2
VBU 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Granicus Gaugamela Wed May 28, 2014 11:00 pm

wombatdazzler wrote:What about those of us who are not and will not be on facebook. How do we submit army lists for checking?

Cheers

Will PM you mate.

Granicus Gaugamela
VBU 4
VBU 4

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Stilico Fri May 30, 2014 12:12 am

Granicus Gaugamela wrote:
wombatdazzler wrote:What about those of us who are not and will not be on facebook. How do we submit army lists for checking?

Cheers

Will PM you mate.
and jpin FB for the comp as it makes everybody's life simpler.
Count Stilico
Count Stilico
VBU 2
VBU 2

Back to top Go down

Post by wombatdazzler Fri May 30, 2014 12:35 am

If that is the attitude of the Impetus player base, I think I will skip Comps.

Cheers

D

wombatdazzler
VBU 2
VBU 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Tartty Fri May 30, 2014 12:59 am

You can email me your army list D. All my details are on the CGS web site for Wintercon. Or through here if that's easier for you.
Tartty
Tartty
VBU 7 h.c.
VBU 7 h.c.

Back to top Go down

Post by wombatdazzler Fri May 30, 2014 1:32 am

Tks Tarty you and I has already had the discussion offline.

Tks for addressing it on the forum.

Cheers

D

wombatdazzler
VBU 2
VBU 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Stilico Sat May 31, 2014 8:01 am

if you want to play in the game and wear the jersey you have to join the team, other wise run your own comp and see how you sort it out. Either way your choice.
You can not be one or the other.
Count Stilico
Count Stilico
VBU 2
VBU 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Granicus Gaugamela Mon Jun 02, 2014 2:16 am

Please note Ruling 1 has been changed.

Swiss will be allowed to deploy 1 command within 5BU of the centre line.

Granicus Gaugamela
VBU 4
VBU 4

Back to top Go down

Post by Granicus Gaugamela Fri Jun 06, 2014 2:13 pm

Everyone, PLEASE read the latest Advanced Impetus from the download section of the site, the Rules for 350 point armies are specific in terms of leaving the maxima of the main troop type intact.

YES this is a change from previously BUT IT IS THE OFFICIAL RULE.  UPDATE YOUR RULESETS

As usual we have created a Facebook group for the event, downloads etc are posted there

Wintercon Facebook Page

thanks

R

Granicus Gaugamela
VBU 4
VBU 4

Back to top Go down

Post by selaurant Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:31 pm

May I say kudos for putting the comp on and good luck. I live in Adelaide and will not be able to get there, but hope to attend Cancon.

With FOG 2 still painfully slow and DBX broken into warring camps I think Impetus is our best chance to get playable Ancients comps played again. I also note there is now an increasing consensus among my friends in Brisbane on Impetus for Ancients games.

selaurant
VBU 2
VBU 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Tartty Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:49 pm

It's a pity you can't make Wintercon selaurant you would have been very welcome. Yes we shall be running a comp at the next Cancon so look forward to seeing you there then, especially those making such a journey. Great !
Tartty
Tartty
VBU 7 h.c.
VBU 7 h.c.

Back to top Go down

Post by starkadder Sat Jun 07, 2014 2:23 am

It is a shame you can't make it, selaurant.

How big is the SA/Adelaide scene?

We started with eight players at MOAB, groaning under the lash of Tarty's iron control. Smile

From there, it's been going pretty well. Why not think about a small 6-8 collegiate comp where you all help each other with rules and play? It's a great way to get people together and learning.
starkadder
starkadder
VBU 4
VBU 4

Back to top Go down

Post by Granicus Gaugamela Sat Jun 07, 2014 3:08 am

selaurant wrote:May I say kudos for putting the comp on and good luck.  I live in Adelaide and will not be able to get there, but hope to attend Cancon.

With FOG 2 still painfully slow and DBX broken into warring camps I think Impetus is our best chance to get playable Ancients comps played again.  I also note there is now an increasing consensus among my friends in Brisbane on Impetus for Ancients games.

Where do you play mate? I grew up in Adelaide so travelling home for a nice tournament wouldn't be too big a stretch plus Mum would love it.

Granicus Gaugamela
VBU 4
VBU 4

Back to top Go down

Post by selaurant Sat Jun 07, 2014 4:34 am

There is not much in Adelaide yet. However I hope to promote it.  I have run two basic Impetus games at the Group. North club,which went well.  FOG ancients here is slowly dying, a few still play DBA big battles ( I think it the most playable of the DBX series).

I am trying to get a few friends to try Advanced Impetus in the next few weeks.  I think there is hope.  A fair few gamers in Adelaide have ancients armies, both 15mm and 25mm, it just needs a push.

I play at Group North and Southern Wargamers. There is not much ancients played at Southern, but at least a dozen players with armies at Group North, Salisbury. A bit of a drive but it is a good club.

selaurant
VBU 2
VBU 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Tartty Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:43 pm

We need to start getting registrations in guys the cut off date on the CGS site is 9th July but it would be good to have them in well before then.

Impetus at Wintercon, Canberra, Australia Sh54048_zps0d674397

http://www.cgs.asn.au/wintercon/tournaments-2/
Tartty
Tartty
VBU 7 h.c.
VBU 7 h.c.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluewillow Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:20 pm

Looking forward to the weekend lads!

Bluewillow
VBU 2
VBU 2

http://stormandconquest.blogspot.com.au/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down