impetus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» ZOC violation
Derby 4th & 5th October  EmptyTue Apr 23, 2024 8:35 am by kenntak

» Line of Sight - Terrain Features
Derby 4th & 5th October  EmptySat Apr 20, 2024 11:38 pm by Tartty

» Hit in flank?
Derby 4th & 5th October  EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 11:54 am by Hope

» FP vs. FL in melee
Derby 4th & 5th October  EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 6:53 pm by jorneto

» Dice&Lead magazine
Derby 4th & 5th October  EmptyTue Apr 16, 2024 8:36 am by dadiepiombo

» Salute 2024 Battle of Pharslus 48BC
Derby 4th & 5th October  EmptyMon Apr 08, 2024 11:44 am by ejc

» For Sale- Loads of packs/boxes of Mint Victrix Late Romans
Derby 4th & 5th October  EmptySun Apr 07, 2024 5:37 pm by Atheling

» War of the Roses Battle AAR
Derby 4th & 5th October  EmptyWed Apr 03, 2024 4:04 pm by dadiepiombo

» Ilipa 206BC Society of Ancients Battle Day
Derby 4th & 5th October  EmptyWed Apr 03, 2024 4:03 pm by dadiepiombo

Salute 2024 Battle of Pharslus 48BC

Mon Apr 08, 2024 11:44 am by ejc

Forum members welcome to take part in battle of Pharslus Saturday 13th April …

Comments: 0

Ilipa 206BC Society of Ancients Battle Day

Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:54 pm by ejc

This year's SOA Battle Day is Ilipa206BC will be about a dozen games all re …

Comments: 10

Warfare battle of Cunaxa

Wed Nov 08, 2023 11:26 pm by ejc

Sorry for short notice we are putting on the above scenario on Saturday 11th …

Comments: 4

SELWG 2023 Thapsus 46BC

Sun Oct 08, 2023 8:29 pm by ejc

We will putting on the above game at SELG 2023 on Sunday 15th October. Forum …

Comments: 6

Colours 2023

Wed Sep 06, 2023 9:14 pm by ejc

Sorry for very short notice. We are putting on a game at colours on Saturday …

Comments: 0

Salute 2023

Sat Jan 28, 2023 2:49 pm by jorneto

Any Impetus games in this event?

Comments: 10

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Derby 4th & 5th October

+6
SteveI42
JR2
dadiepiombo
Ross Figurepainting
Colin B
Cyrus The Adequate
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Derby 4th & 5th October  Empty Derby 4th & 5th October

Post by Cyrus The Adequate Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:21 pm

I saw this on the old forum and I thought it worth porting across. Please note the closing date id 1st September

Impetus Rules Pack
Derby World Wargames 2014

Overview
A fun open format competition. Using the Impetus Rules run in 28mm at 350points on Saturday 4th October and Sunday 5th October. In addition to the normal competition there will be a team based competioion running alongside it.

Venue Details
The competition is being hosted at the Derby World Wargames show (http://www.worldwargames.co.uk/)
which is being held at;
Castle Donington International Exhibition Centre, Castle Donington, Derby, DE74 2RP
Provisional Event Timetable
Saturday 4th October 2014
08:30 – 09:00 – Arrival and Registration
09:00 – 11:30 – Game One
11:30 – 12:45 – Lunch
12:45 – 15:15 – Game Two
15:30 – 18:00 – Game Three

Sunday 5th October 2014
10:00 – 12:30 – Game Four
12:30 – 13:30 – Lunch
13:30 – 16:00 – Game Four
16:00 – Presentation

Entry Fees
Fees are payable directly to the show organisers who will also advise on the cost. Please book (and pay) as early as you can as space is limited and is given out on a first come first served basis for each competition.

Armies & Army list
Players should enter as individuals.
Lists should be taken from either the Impetus main rule book, any published Extra Impetus supplement or from any of the official (2013 checked) beta lists on the Impetus website (http://www.dadiepiombo.com/beta0e.html). Please half (rounded up) the number of each unit type allowed by the lists. Armies should be of no more than 350points, they must have between 2 and 4 commands. Commands must conform to the maximum size of 60% of the army's VDT. Armies must have a camp, unless not required by the list.
Army lists must be submitted to the organiser no later than 12.00 noon on Saturday 20th September 2014. Please send them by e-mail, either as an attachment or in the body of the e-mail. Players will be notified that their army list has been received. It is up to you to make sure that your list is in on time. Please ensure that your list includes; a note showing where it is from (either which book with page number or which Beta list section), that units are allocated to commands and that VDT totals and Break Points are included for each command and also for the army.
When submitting your list please also note any other players in the competition that you consider to be a regular club opponent.
Players not submitting a list on time, as above in a clear and legible manner may be deducted 30 vps.
All armies should be fully painted and anyone not fielding a fully painted force may be deducted 30 vps.

Draw
The first round will be an open draw, however, for the first round only, we will ensure that regular club opponents will not be drawn against each other. Second and subsequent rounds will use a draw system based on the number of wins and 'mutual breaks' obtained so far within the competition. Again, where practicable, regular opponents will not be drawn against each other. Please note the organisers decision is final on the draw.

Behaviour
If anyone feels their opponent was highly unsporting during their game they should make their feelings known to an umpire or the organiser. Anyone brought to the attention of the umpires will then be watched more closely. Anyone being repeatedly brought to our attention may face sanctions.
Any player who harasses another player(s), umpire or organiser may face sanctions imposed by the organiser. These sanctions may range from the loss of points within the competition through to being disqualified. They are at the sole discretion of the organiser and there will be no discussion entered in to regarding these sanctions. A verbal warning about behaviour will be issued first, sanctions will be imposed should the behaviour continue.

Rules Queries
Hopefully, all games will be played out with the utmost fun, and run completely smoothly. If you do have any problem/rules queries then, first look in the relevant rule/army book and, if this does not satisfy you or you can’t find the answer, then please feel free to ask the event organiser or one of the umpires appointed on the day. The Umpire is free to interrupt any game to clarify or point out mistakes to players.

The Battlefield
Terrain deployment will be as in the rules. Players are encouraged to bring a few pieces of terrain with them. An amount of terrain will be provided on the but I do not have enough to guarantee there will be the exact piece you want. Terrain pieces must be within the size limits specified in the rules.
Terrain dimensions are as per page 19 of the rule book: roughly oval in shape and with sides no less than 5U nor greater than 25U. Please be sporting in selecting your terrain and balance large and small pieces but I'll leave that up to you.

Optional Rules
The one day tournament rules for 2014 will be used in full as they apply to each scale.
(A link to the PDF will be given once it is available)

Game Play
All games will be the Standard Pitched Battle. Please see the Impetus Tournament Rules PDF for details. The games will last 2 hr 30min.

Game Scoring
We will be using the official Impetus competition scoring system;
http://www.dadiepiombo.com/scorechart.pdf
Final rankings will be based on a combination of the score achieved over all five games and the number of wins and 'mutual breaks' ending a game. Players will first be grouped by the number of wins and 'mutual breaks' achieved. Each grouping will then be ranked by the score total achieved.

Team Competition
Teams will be formed of 3 players. Players who wish to be in a team together can make a note on their army list submissions stating a team name and the names of the other team members. Players who do not join as part of a team will have the opportunity to join a team made up of other players in a similar situation. This will be organised during registration on the Saturday morning. A player is NOT required to play as part of a team.
Teams will score points equal to the total of the best individual scores of the team members. This means that each team can score up to a maximum of 390 points. Team ranking will be based on the score. If two teams have tied on points then the team with the most wins against the other will take the higher position. Should this also be equal then the team with the most wins in total will take the higher position. If this is also the same then they will be declared tied for that position.

Awards
These will be provided by the show organisers and their sponsors.

Any problems?
I am bound to have missed something. If you have found any problems with this rules sheet, or you have any queries, then please feel free to contact me on the email below and I will try to answer them ASAP.

FAO: World Wargames – steve.m.irvin@googlemail.com

Please note that all entries must be made directly with the show organisers not the competition organiser.
Thanks
Steve
Cyrus The Adequate
Cyrus The Adequate
VBU 5
VBU 5

Back to top Go down

Derby 4th & 5th October  Empty Re: Derby 4th & 5th October

Post by grenadiergrandson Sun Jul 27, 2014 12:14 pm

That's great Steve, I'll spread the word down here.

Cheers

Mark

grenadiergrandson
VBU 2
VBU 2

Back to top Go down

Post by SteveI42 Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:32 am

Hi Mark
Wasn't me that put it up on this forum, I'd put it on the old one though. Hope we are going to get a decent turnout. I've started a new job since I posted this originally and am now working weekends. Am just in the process of trying to organise the time off and see if James is going to come along

SteveI42
VBU 2
VBU 2

Back to top Go down

Post by SteveI42 Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:19 pm

Just to confirm I have all my bits now in place to attend and No 1 son is booked in to play. As usual I will make up the numbers if required or will happily just umpire the event. If you have booked already, or if you do book in the future could you please let me know via this thread so I can get an idea of the number of players.
As promised earlier, I will be using the Medieval Irish list exactly as it was built at the York event earlier this year.

Players
1 ) James Irvin - Mid Republican Roman
2 ) Tony Dennis - Burgundian Ordonnance
3 ) Mark Emms - Yorkist
4 ) Colin B - Teutonic Order
5 ) John Ryan - Anglo Irish
6 ) Frazer Watson - El Cid
7 ) Matt Todd - Huns
8 ) Jez Todd - Swiss

Reserve) Steve Irvin - List In - Medieval Irish

Last edited by SteveI42 on Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:22 am; edited 7 times in total (Reason for editing : Added Armies)

SteveI42
VBU 2
VBU 2

Back to top Go down

Post by SteveI42 Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:04 am

Got an email back from Richard who oversees the competitions for the show. He has confirmed that payment can be made by paypal. You can do this by going to the main site and use the competitions email to let him know you want to play and the same email as the recipient for the PayPal payment.
He also have me the current numbers of players which is 1, yes one. So at least I'll be getting second place unless some more of you get involved!! Last year we managed 22 players, I hope we can get to double figures this year.

SteveI42
VBU 2
VBU 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Aurelius Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:18 pm

Just signed up to this. Five games over two days, what's not to like?

Tony Dennis

Aurelius
VBU 3
VBU 3

Back to top Go down

Post by grenadiergrandson Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:04 pm

I'm definitely in, hotel booked ready! So that's 3 now, if no one else goes that's at least 3rd place for me which would be my best ever result so fingers crossed no one else replies  Wink 

Cheers

grenadiergrandson
VBU 2
VBU 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Colin B Sat Aug 09, 2014 8:55 am

Good morning one and all.

As I had such a great time in Cardiff last week, I'm all fired up to have another fun weekend.

So please book me in for this one. I wonder what army I'll air this time?!

CB
Colin B
Colin B
VBU 2
VBU 2

Back to top Go down

Post by SteveI42 Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:38 am

Great to hear colin but you need to book direct with the show organisers. :-)

SteveI42
VBU 2
VBU 2

Back to top Go down

Post by frazer Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:15 am

hello Guys

thats me all booked up too

all the best

frazer

ps can you confirm is it five games or four?

frazer
VBU 2
VBU 2

Back to top Go down

Post by SteveI42 Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:19 am

Great news Frazer, it's five. Obviously I'm incapable of writing properly!! ;-)

SteveI42
VBU 2
VBU 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Ross Figurepainting Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:50 pm

Looks good. Please add me to the list and I will get my entry in to the organisers.
Any chance of getting the Sunday rounds finished a bit earlier?
It's a fair old drive and need to get back to my family.

Thanks for organising. The year wouldnt be the same without Derby! Smile
Ross Figurepainting
Ross Figurepainting
VBU 2
VBU 2

Back to top Go down

Post by SteveI42 Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:52 pm

Cheers Ross, got you added

SteveI42
VBU 2
VBU 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Ross Figurepainting Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:57 pm

Steve - do you reckon there is still time to make this a one-day event?
We seem to be struggling for entries and it might help. There are a few guys at our club would be interested if only 1 day.
Maybe get Lorenzo and the Italians in even?
Most players only played the Saturday in previous years and used Sunday as a chance to do some shopping amongst the traders and get away early to get home or catch a plane.

Still over a week for entries if we make the change now.

Would be a shame to have just 6 players - 5 rounds would be a "play-all!"
Its an expensive trip and I might have a rethink as well if we dont get more interest
Ross Figurepainting
Ross Figurepainting
VBU 2
VBU 2

Back to top Go down

Post by SteveI42 Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:40 pm

Ross Figurepainting wrote:Steve - do you reckon there is still time to make this a one-day event?
We seem to be struggling for entries and it might help.  There are a few guys at our club would be interested if only 1 day.  
Maybe get Lorenzo and the Italians in even?
Most players only played the Saturday in previous years and used Sunday as a chance to do some shopping amongst the traders and get away early to get home or catch a plane.

Still over a week for entries if we make the change now.

Would be a shame to have just 6 players - 5 rounds would be a "play-all!"
Its an expensive trip and I might have a rethink as well if we dont get more interest

By all means Ross if you'd like to make it a one day event I would be happy to let you organise it as such. I would have no problem with you doing that at all, say the word and I will let Richard know. However if you don't fancy doing it then it will remain a two day competition. It has been advertised as such since January and I see no reason to change at this late hour.
I appreciate that it is an expensive trip, but it was already that when you said you would be taking part, obviously what you do is your choice.

SteveI42
VBU 2
VBU 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Ross Figurepainting Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:57 pm

I wasn't trying to cause any offence. 2 days would be fun.
I was just suggesting that we might get more entries if it was a 1 day event.
Hopefully more people sign up soon.
Ross Figurepainting
Ross Figurepainting
VBU 2
VBU 2

Back to top Go down

Post by frazer Sun Aug 24, 2014 7:47 am

hi

one day...two days...always a debate? i know a lot of people like to shop till they drop at derby.

i think the formula as it is...5 games well spaced should give everyone time to shop...but!!!!!

how about if you only want to play 3 games on the saturday then that is fine...but naturally your final score will possible be less than someone that plays the full five games.

this IS a FUN event...always has been always will be....no dark lord Dax this year so everyone has a chance of glory....go for it

frazer
VBU 2
VBU 2

Back to top Go down

Post by SteveI42 Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:29 am

Ross - no offence was caused.
Frazer - well put!

SteveI42
VBU 2
VBU 2

Back to top Go down

Post by dadiepiombo Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:38 am

just to say that this year we cannot join Derby event. We all have some economic troubles and so we have to pass. But will be there in 2015.
dadiepiombo
dadiepiombo
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ross Figurepainting Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:05 am

Sorry guys, I have to withdraw.  Hopefully I will pop in on one of the days to say hello to everyone.
Ross Figurepainting
Ross Figurepainting
VBU 2
VBU 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Ross Figurepainting Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:07 am

PS - I think its a shame that Dax isnt around this year. Enjoyed his company and full of interesting ideas.

I don't mind organising next year's event if no-one nearer to Derby fancies it
Ross Figurepainting
Ross Figurepainting
VBU 2
VBU 2

Back to top Go down

Post by grenadiergrandson Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:31 pm

Just seen the closing date for competition entries is 1st September so my money is now on its way.

Cheers,

Mark

grenadiergrandson
VBU 2
VBU 2

Back to top Go down

Post by jeztodd Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:07 pm

Dear All

Sorry I am not able to do the Derby two day competition, although I can come just on the Saturday. If other players are OK with this I could just play on the Saturday and obviously be at the bottom of the competition with just 3 results. I am very happy to do this and to fit in with all the competition rules as normal.

If others are interested in doing this then Richard (Derby club organiser) has said that the cost would be £12 for a single Saturday completion as opposed to the £18 for the two days. Richard is just checking with Steve our tournament umpire/ organiser that he is OK with this.

Steve and other players - hopefully this would be OK with you all? If so will be two other players Jez Todd and Matt Todd for the Saturday.

Cheers Jez
jeztodd
jeztodd
VBU 3
VBU 3

Back to top Go down

Post by SteveI42 Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:01 am

Fine with me Jez. I've just been taking to Richard and he's said that if anyone just wanted to attend on the Saturday then he will do a reduced rate of £12 for them.

Mark, glad you spotted it!

Ross, sorry you won't be there.

SteveI42
VBU 2
VBU 2

Back to top Go down

Post by JR2 Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:02 pm

Steve,

Just submitted my entry form and payment so please could you add me to the list.

Thanks

John Ryan

JR2
VBU 2
VBU 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next