impetus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Warfare battle of Cunaxa
Desperately Seeking to meet Impetvs players in New Zealand EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 11:09 am by kenntak

» Ilipa 206BC Society of Ancients Battle Day
Desperately Seeking to meet Impetvs players in New Zealand EmptyTue Mar 19, 2024 4:16 pm by ejc

» Dice&Lead magazine
Desperately Seeking to meet Impetvs players in New Zealand EmptyTue Mar 19, 2024 8:36 am by dadiepiombo

» Errata updated
Desperately Seeking to meet Impetvs players in New Zealand EmptyMon Mar 18, 2024 8:39 am by dadiepiombo

» Mamluks in Ayyubids Egyptians
Desperately Seeking to meet Impetvs players in New Zealand EmptyFri Feb 09, 2024 11:43 am by Robert Gargan

» Army Scale in Creating Scenarios
Desperately Seeking to meet Impetvs players in New Zealand EmptyFri Jan 19, 2024 7:51 am by kenntak

» Army Builder Issue
Desperately Seeking to meet Impetvs players in New Zealand EmptyTue Jan 09, 2024 9:59 am by jorneto

» Scottish Wars of Independence
Desperately Seeking to meet Impetvs players in New Zealand EmptyMon Jan 08, 2024 6:41 pm by archibald the grim

» Hoplites equipped with Hoplon
Desperately Seeking to meet Impetvs players in New Zealand EmptyMon Jan 08, 2024 3:57 pm by kenntak

Warfare battle of Cunaxa

Wed Nov 08, 2023 11:26 pm by ejc

Sorry for short notice we are putting on the above scenario on Saturday 11th …

Comments: 4

Ilipa 206BC Society of Ancients Battle Day

Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:54 pm by ejc

This year's SOA Battle Day is Ilipa206BC will be about a dozen games all re …

Comments: 1

SELWG 2023 Thapsus 46BC

Sun Oct 08, 2023 8:29 pm by ejc

We will putting on the above game at SELG 2023 on Sunday 15th October. Forum …

Comments: 6

Colours 2023

Wed Sep 06, 2023 9:14 pm by ejc

Sorry for very short notice. We are putting on a game at colours on Saturday …

Comments: 0

Salute 2023

Sat Jan 28, 2023 2:49 pm by jorneto

Any Impetus games in this event?

Comments: 10

Society of Ancients Battle Day

Wed Mar 29, 2023 9:15 pm by ejc

Sorry for the short notice.
Our group is attending this event in Newbury on …

Comments: 3

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Desperately Seeking to meet Impetvs players in New Zealand

4 posters

Go down

Desperately Seeking to meet Impetvs players in New Zealand Empty Desperately Seeking to meet Impetvs players in New Zealand

Post by FlyingKiwi Sat Jul 25, 2015 11:39 pm

Hello out there :-)

I have had my very own copy of Impetvs for 2 weeks now, read them two or three times, each time I read I like them more and more......

Word of Impetvs only came by word of a very dear and respected wargaming friend I had know for 40 years......

I have been told that the 2016 NZ Wargaming Nationals are to be hosted in Dunedin and will have an Impetvs tournament......

not sure of any scale or points information as yet......

I am very keen to learn how to play Impetvs and very keen to meet any like minded wargamers who also like to play Impetvs......:-)

I have an old Dbx army that I really need to make decision on whether to keep frustrating Dbx bases.....or make that leap of faith into Impetvs.....any thoughts out there?

FlyingKiwi
VBU 2
VBU 2

Back to top Go down

Desperately Seeking to meet Impetvs players in New Zealand Empty Re: Desperately Seeking to meet Impetvs players in New Zealand

Post by dadiepiombo Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:59 am

Welcome on board. I'm sure some player from NZ will come here to give the info on activity in your country.

As for basing keep them as DBx at the moment and play some games. Then you will see if it is worth to rebase, also with a more clear idea on the composition of you army (before putting too many figs on bases and realize that you still need one more unit)
dadiepiombo
dadiepiombo
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Desperately Seeking to meet Impetvs players in New Zealand Empty Re: Desperately Seeking to meet Impetvs players in New Zealand

Post by Tartty Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:59 pm

Welcome to the group.
I would agree with Lorenzo re basing not necessary to change till your sure you've really moved on from DBX.
Having said that your mad if you don't Laughing
There's a few Kiwi's on here I'm sure one of them will pipe in soon. The invitation ( of course ) is always there to jump over the ditch at anytime to play in one of our events.... more than welcome Wink
2016 NZ Wargaming Nationals in Dunedin.....is there a date set for this yet ?
Tartty
Tartty
VBU 7 h.c.
VBU 7 h.c.

Back to top Go down

Post by Prinny Mon Jul 27, 2015 6:57 am

Hi FlyingKiwi

There are a few of us in Wellington that play Impetvs. Just drop me a line if you are around this neck of the woods.

Well Tarty if you can guarantee no sheep jokes I might be interested in jumping over the ditch Smile

The NZ nationals are usually over the Easter weekend.
Prinny
Prinny
VBU 2
VBU 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Tartty Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:43 am

Prinny wrote:Hi FlyingKiwi
Well Tarty if you can guarantee no sheep jokes I might be interested in jumping over the ditch Smile

The NZ nationals are usually over the Easter weekend.

Easter weekend Ok good to know....yep no sheep jokes I promise Laughing yes let us know if your ever interested invitation is always there ..goes without saying Wink
Tartty
Tartty
VBU 7 h.c.
VBU 7 h.c.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down